Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Una's, Kings Cross, Sydney

Not only have there been complaints about too much talk about food, now there are whisperings (frank accusations actually) that my blog has been superficial in its commentary. Or rather that i have not put enough of myself in what i say. Well be careful what you ask for people.

Almost five years ago I first went to Sydney for a weekend with Kate while I was here on holiday. We wandered around Kings Cross and Paddington with mild hangovers one Sunday morning and ended up eating sausages, sauerkraut and rosti at a very cute Austrian restaurant.

There is a very pleasing symmetry that four and a bit years on one of my good 'new' Australia friends now lives in walking distance of the place and with much more significant hangovers (and after bailing out of going to a fancy Sydney eatery drinkery because of said hangovers) we walked up to Una's and ate massive portions of schnitzel and potato.



I love a bit of romance and being able to be nostalgic about a country in which I have lived for so little time is rather wonderful. Particularly as my time here runs out so quickly now. I also like the rather odd translation of the hanging on the wall, courtesy of a freebie internet translation tool.

It goes something like...
"a loving word at the right has been some compensation against heartache"

2 comments: